Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Annual Apple Picking (Dress)

I think I'm on repeat when it comes to some patterns. There are certain patterns that just work so well in a specific fabric for a specific season that I can't help myself and I repeat them every year. This is the third year in a row for the combination of the Oliver + S Apple Picking dress in plaid flannel.


Really though...I love it every year! It's kind of a perfect fall/winter dress. It's warm, soft, plaid and cute!


I used a brown, tan and pink plaid flannel from Fashion Fabrics Club. It feels like a really great quality flannel. It washed up really soft and fluffy.


Here's the visual history of this tradition...years 1, 2 and 3. :)


I've got to say, it's kind of hard to get a decent picture of clothing modeled by toddlers. They (or mine at least) tend to be rather uncooperative. Anyone have any tips?


Anyway, there's not too much to say that hasn't been said before about this dress, except that I still like it!

6 comments:

  1. it's adorable and so is she! at that age i relied heavily on mini marshmallows to get my photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern as well - it looks so cute on little girls (love the skirt ruffles).
    And yes, soft flannel plaid makes it even better :)
    (PS. Sorry no tips for unwilling models (apart from chocolates ...). I need some help in that department as well)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I thought it lokoe dfamiliar and I was obviously remembering the first!
    I have this pattern and still haven't made it. I guess I should wait now until autumn in the southern hemisphere then shamelessly copy you.
    My kids are willing models so long as it involves sticking their tongues out and standing on one leg. I use a fast shutter speed, high ISO and just try to get lucky with shots that fall in between the silliness. Bribery is limited only to when I care about the pictures enough and the kids hate the garment, thankfully that's very rare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved every version of this dress that you've made. It's so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this in the pool. It is lovely and your daughter is the perfect child model.

    ReplyDelete